Important Information for Debit Card Holders:
- Lost/Stolen Debit Cards - During office hours - (865) 429-2273 Mon-Thurs. (8am-5pm) and Friday (8am-6pm)
- Lost/Stolen Debit Cards (after hours) (888) 297-3416
- Card Activation/ PIN change for Debit Cards (800) 290-7893
- Card Activation/PIN change for Debit Cards if customer is calling from outside the United States (206) 624-7998
- TSB FraudWatch (877) 662-8076
- Unauthorized Transfers for Consumer Accounts (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window)
- Error Resolution Notice for Consumer Accounts (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window)
Tennessee State Bank's Debit Card has the Visa® logo on it and is accepted any place that honors a Visa® credit card. The TSB Debit Card can now be upgraded to (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window)The Smoky Mountains Charity Card, School Spirit Card (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) or The Patriot Charity Card (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window).
Customers can order a TSB Debit Card or Charity Specialty Card at any of our branch locations or by calling Card Services at (865) 429-2273. Tennessee State Bank offers ATM services at each of our branches and other offsite locations. There is no ATM Withdrawal or Transfer Fee when using a Tennessee State Bank ATM with your Tennessee State Bank Debit Card.
Have you taken your Tennessee State Bank Visa® card digital yet? Adding it to Samsung Pay is as easy as snapping a picture of your card. TSB Debit Cards and Credit Cards can both be added to select Samsung mobile devices.
Google Pay™ is a contactless payment technology that makes paying as easy as pulling out your Android phone. Users’ card information is never shared with stores because Google Pay doesn’t send their actual credit or debit card number with their payment. TSB Visa® Debit Cards and Credit Cards can both be added to your Android phone to make paying for purchases at participating merchants safer and easier!
Debit Card Travel Tips
If you are traveling out of the area, please contact our office and inform us of the dates you will be traveling. This will prevent the appearance of fraud occurring on your account and we will notify TSB FraudWatch. We do have a block on all non-US transactions. If you travel outside of the US, we will need to lift the Non-US flag to allow your transactions to be approved.
In order to prevent debit card fraud, it is sometimes necessary to place blocks on certain merchant types or transactions in certain states or areas. If you are out of state and are declined during a transaction, ask the merchant to run your card as a debit with your PIN. If you are still experiencing problems, call our office at (865) 429-2273.
Debit Card Limits
We have pre-set daily limits on our debit cards. They are as follows:
- ATM Transactions- $500.00
- POS Transactions- $2,500.00
If you need to make a transaction that is over these limits, please call us at (865) 429-2273 during business hours and we can temporarily increase it to allow the transaction to complete. Debit Cards issued only on a Savings account can only be used for services at the ATM.
Changing the PIN on your Debit Card
- Card Activation/PIN change for Debit Cards (800) 290-7893
- Card Activation /PIN change for Debit Cards if calling from outside the United States (206) 624-7998
TSB FraudWatch monitors transactions on your debit card for potential fraud. TSB FraudWatch looks at many variables when determining if a transaction is suspicious and potentially fraudulent. If we identify a transaction or transactions that may be fraud, we may verify the transaction by the following alerts:
TSB FraudWatch App.Download our app from the Google Play (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Android phones) or Apple Store (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (iPhones). By using the TSB FraudWatch app, you can check for pending notifications, check your notifications history or change your card status from active to block in the event that you have lost your card or definitely suspect fraud. If you use the TSB FraudWatch App, you will not receive the text messages or voice delivery notifications. However, emails will always be sent.
- SMS (text message) delivery.
“TSB FraudWatch Alerts” (short code 47334) will report the payee and payment amount to you and ask if you authorized the transaction. The reply is YES or NO. You may also reply HELP for help or call 877-662-8076. You may also opt out of future texts by replying STOP.
Voice Delivery.You will receive a voice response message with details regarding the suspected fraud transaction. You will be asked to press 3 if the transaction is unauthorized or to press 7 if the transaction is authorized. This delivery method will only be used in the event that you do not use the app, we do not have a mobile phone number on file or if you opt-out of receiving SMS text message alerts.
Email delivery.A “TSB FraudWatch Alert” will be sent from Tennessee State Bank with details about the suspicious transaction. The customer will be asked to call 877-662-8076 to verify the transaction. Emails will always be sent.
TSB Debit Card Alert Preferences
TSB FraudWatch also allows our customers to set their own preferences if they would like to be notified of certain activity.
- Input your 16 digit TSB Debit Card Number and Click Next.
- Authenticate with a phone number - You can choose the phone number that you would like your code to be sent to. Select the phone number and click Next. You will be sent a code and should enter it in the next screen. Click Next.
- The Alert Preferences Screen will come up. You may choose the following options by placing a checkmark in the box:
- Limit Transaction Amount - Insert an amount (for example, $100.00 will be 100). You will receive an alert each time that you use your debit card and the amount is greater than $100.00.
- Cross Border Transactions - You will receive an alert any time a foreign transaction is attempted on your debit card.
- Card Not Present Transactions - You will receive an alert any time your card has a manually keyed transaction. This means the merchant does not physically have the card present to make the transaction. This includes, but is not limited to, phone or internet orders or billing payments.
- Click Finish when you have completed the preferences. The screen will go back to the original screen where you first entered your card number. Your preferences have been completed.