Debit Card Security
(877) 662-8076 (24/7 support)
Your account security is important to us. That’s why we are continually working to detect fraudulent activity and bring you tools like TSB FraudWatch to safeguard your account. As a TSB debit card customer, you are automatically enrolled and alerted to any suspicious activity on your TSB debit card.
TSB FraudWatch monitors transactions on your debit card for potential fraud and looks at many variables when determining if a transaction is suspicious and potentially fraudulent. If it identifies a transaction that may be fraud, you will receive one (or more) of the following alerts and be asked to verify the transaction (third party message and data rates may apply and data use may count against wireless plan limits):
- TSB FraudWatch App. Download our app from the Google Play (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Android phones) or Apple Store (Opens in a new Window) (iPhones).
- SMS (text message) delivery.
- Voice delivery.
- Email delivery. Emails will always be sent. This may be in addition to an alert being sent by one of the three methods above.
We are excited to be able to provide you with our fraud detection tool and hope you will find it beneficial in protecting your account. If you have any questions about this service, please call Card Services at (865) 429-2273.
For more information, you may also request a copy of TSB FraudWatch Frequently Asked Questions by contacting Card Services, requesting a copy using Contact Us, or if you are a TSB Online/Mobile Banking user, you may access TSB Fraudwatch Frequently Asked Questions on the Support page after login.
Be aware that fraudsters are always looking for ways to spoof fraud alert services. TSB and TSB FraudWatch personnel will NEVER ask you for your account numbers, passwords, PINs, access codes, registration codes or any other information required to access your accounts. Do NOT respond and hang up!
NEVER give our personal information over the phone, internet, or text message unless you initiated the communication and are confident you are communicating with the person or business that you intended.
CALL TSB at (865) 429-2273 immediately if you suspect you have been contacted by a fraudulent service or have been compromised!
Call to report Lost/Stolen Debit Cards:
TSB Debit Card Alert Preferences
TSB FraudWatch also allows our customers to set their own preferences if they would like to be notified of certain activity.
In the box below do the following:
- Input your 16 digit TSB Debit Card Number and Click Next.
- Authenticate with a phone number - You can choose the phone number that you would like your code to be sent to. Select the phone number and click Next. You will be sent a code and should enter it in the next screen. Click Next.
- The Alert Preferences Screen will come up. You may choose the following options by placing a checkmark in the box:
- Limit Transaction Amount - Insert an amount (for example, $100.00 will be 100). You will receive an alert each time that you use your debit card and the amount is greater than $100.00.
- Cross Border Transactions - You will receive an alert any time a foreign transaction is attempted on your debit card.
- Card Not Present Transactions - You will receive an alert any time your card has a manually keyed transaction. This means the merchant does not physically have the card present to make the transaction. This includes, but is not limited to, phone or internet orders or billing payments.
- Click Finish when you have completed the preferences. The screen will go back to the original screen where you first entered your card number. Your preferences have been completed.
If you would like to change your preferences at any time, you will follow the steps above. When you get to the Alert Preferences screen, you may add a checkmark or remove a checkmark for any preference. Then, click Finish.
TSB Debit Card Alert Preferences:
Customer Email sent on 4/10/2020 concerning phone number spoofing to obtain confidential information.