Home Equity Line of Credit
- Variable rate as low as Prime +1.5%. The index is the Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. There is no limit on the amount by which the rate can change in any one-year period. The maximum ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE that can apply during the plan is 18%.
- Property insurance is required.
- Consult your tax advisor to determine tax deductibility of interest.
- Loan is subject to credit approval.
- Primary residence is used as collateral.
- An early termination fee will be assessed if the customer closes the credit line during the first three years. The early termination fee is comprised of all fees paid by the Bank to third parties on your behalf associated with loan closing. Fees to third parties generally total between $200 and $1,200 and may include fees for appraisals, credit reports, flood determination, government recording, and attorneys. The Bank will provide you with an itemization of fees paid to third parties at closing.
Please see the HELOC Program Disclosures , New Loans or Renewals, for full disclosure of terms or contact one of our friendly lenders for more information. In case of errors or questions about your bill, please see the Fair Credit Billing Act Notice.
Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act or SAFE Act
The SAFE Act (Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act) requires residential Mortgage Loan Originators ("MLO") who are employees of regulated institutions to be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System or NMLS. Banks are required to disclose the names of the MLOs and their unique NMLS registration IDs ("UID") to the public. Please click here (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) for a listing of Tennessee State Bank's MLOs and their UIDs.