Cyber & Online Security Tips
October is National Cyber Security Month. As your bank we want to make sure you are being cyber smart! This is the month to educate yourself on what cyber security involves. There are so many different ways scammers can get your personal information. Follow us this month for tips and educational pieces on Cyber Security.
- Creating a strong password is essential in protecting your personal online information. Creating a strong password is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself from online scammers. Follow these tips on how to create a strong password.
- Businesses can face a tremendous loss when they are cyber attacked. Protect your business with these 5 simple tips.
- Did you know in 2020, 3.81 billion people worldwide use social media? With every post or picture you are sharing information about yourself with the world. Read these simple tips to understand how to protect your social media accounts.
- Do you have any home devices connected to the internet? This can include door locks, thermostats, coffee makers or smoke alarms. Did you know controlling these devices from your smartphone can create a security risk? Read these helpful hints on how to protect your home.
- Phishing attacks use malicious websites or email to infect your machine with malware and viruses to collect personal information. Read the article to learn some simple tips on how to protect yourself.
- You can do almost anything from the internet. This is why protecting yourself from cyber-attacks is very important. Shopping, banking, connecting with friends and family and your medical records all are required to provide personal identifiable information. Learn how to reduce the risk of becoming a cybercrimes victim.
- Multi-Factor Authentication is very important when it comes to protecting your personal information. Read here to learn more about MFA or multi-factor authentication.
- It’s always important to practice safe online behavior wherever you are. The more you travel, the more you are at risk for cyberattacks. Learn some simple tips on how to protect yourself while traveling. Learn some simple tips on how to protect yourself while traveling.
- Learn how to protect yourself when spending time on the internet. Be smart and take these simple steps to connect safely.
The internet gives us access to entertainment, research, products, services, banking, music, games, etc. It also creates an environment for thieves to steal our identity, financial information, send our computers malware, viruses or scam us into doing things that we do not mean to do.
The Federal Trade Commission has developed an Online Security page of information concerning Online Security and what the consumer can do to protect their computer, information and online records.
Follow this link to access this page: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/online-security